Posted on 15 January 2012.
If you’re so ashamed of your acne scarring that it tends to disrupt the natural flow of your day-to-day living, then you’d better read these best acne scarring treatment methods. There’s a word of advice, though. Before introducing acne scars treatments, be sure to rid yourself first with acne. But if you’re applying an all-inclusive acne treatment, that’s okay.
1. Laser treatments are the best acne scarring treatment available nowadays. They can be availed of in many forms – ablative and non-ablative. The success rate of laser technology is better than any other methods. However costly, they can deliver the best results.
2. Another way of eliminating acne scars is through surgery where scars are taken out and the ripped skin is stitched back. Surgery includes dermabrasion, among others.
3. You can also try scar removal products sold over the counter. Look for beauty products that have Vitamin E and fatty acid contents. Products containing vitamin E will help expedite the elimination of the scars and restore your dented skin to normal conditions.
4. Some acne scarring treatment can be concocted in your homes, too. If you have lemon juice around, you can apply sufficient amounts of it to the scarred skin on a regular basis. Aloe vera and sandalwood blended with rosewater are great treatment substances, too.
If you want a more expert advice and a thorough explanation on the causes and the best acne scarring treatment available, you can always seek and ask for advice from dermatologists. Their knowledge on this area will make them as authorities in treating acne scars.
Posted in How To Treat Acne Scars
Posted on 03 January 2012.
Whatever your station in life, acne could strike unannounced. It could be unfair and insensitive to those who are otherwise good-looking. And the consequences are demoralizing to your self-esteem to the point of losing your confidence. And as if the worse is not yet over, they will give you its ultimate prize – acne scarring. It could get even worse than that if unchecked. But getting rid of acne scars does not only mean buying scar creams and oils over the counter. You should make a sound assessment of your scars condition. What type of scars do you have? Various types of scars have likewise various modes of treatment.
1. Hyperpigmented scars – can best be cured with salicylic acid twice a day. It hastens the removal of the scar skin and lowers swelling.
2. Pink scars – for darker-skinned people, they can be their worst nightmare. To completely remove them, laser treatment or dermabrasion may be availed of. Most folks consider it as very efficient in getting rid of acne scars.
3. Ice pick scars – effective treatment is to apply hydroxyl acids that will restore your damaged skin. While they can get ugly to look at, they will just heal as time passes by.
The cheap method of treating and fading your acne scars involve the application of home remedies. If you have lemon juice, you can apply them to the scarred skin and let it seeped through. You can also use sandalwood mixed with rosewater to make a paste. Apply it on the affected skin during the night and wash them off when you wake up in the morning. There are other home remedies available which are likewise helpful in getting rid of acne scars. For guaranteed results, you can contact any dermatologist first.
Posted in How To Treat Acne Scars